Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals for 2013


I just pushed a button on my phone, setting a huge GOAL for 2013 for myself.  My goals for this coming year are similar and different from last year. 

Here they are, in no particular order:

  • Run 315 miles this year: I set a RunKeeper goal to run 315 miles.  This is slightly over 2 miles 3 times a week.  Basically, this means I have to run on all my Taekwondo off days, plus maybe on a few Taekwondo on days.  I'm sure I can do it.

  • Run a 5K: I'm setting a goal to run ONE 5K.  I actually hope I can do this somewhere around March or so.  I'm also doing a training program with RunKeeper, to get me prepared.  Now if I can just get over this cold and hit the pavement a little bit more.

  • Finish my Novel: This is one of my biggest goals this year.  I should be done in the next month or so, I'm guessing.  I've already reached the climax and my main character is just floundering right now in between two large life decisions.  I need to get her settled and then put it away, returning to it to edit.  Some of you may be lucky enough to read the first draft!

  • Start working on Short Stories: I've never been a short story writer, but I really think they are the key to getting novels published.  If you can get some short stories published, then you'll have recognition that will help you with a longer piece.  So I'm going to try my hand at it.

  • Keep the Weight Off: Clean out my closet of all the too-big clothes and keep the weight off.  I'm going to do this by maintaining my healthy diet and incorporating exercise in my life every day (see above). 
So those are my goals this year!  I'm psyched to accomplish them and to see what 2013 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services